This year was a game changer. I got to work alongside some extremely creative people, on projects that involved new media, old media, networking, and lots of social media learning. The highlights:
- Attended a one-day AMA Phoenix workshop on mobile marketing.
- Started using Wikis for project management, article interviews, what-if projects, a rich-media resume, etc.
- Rediscovered the value of online surveys as due diligence for strat planning, marketing, and a tool for tapping into emerging trends.
- Attended the IABC International conference in New Orleans.
- Visited Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington. A multi-sensory offline marketing eye-opener!
- Added Facebook and MyRagan to my social networks, that connect the dots between professional colleagues, knowledge, and work.
- Read Wikinomics. I couldn’t give a glib one-line explanation here about this amazing book.