As I made my short list of whom to vote for in my district & county, I struck out a few people for the simple reason that they have come off so negative. I get it. Negative ads move the needle a bit, but not where I come from.
There were a few other marketing-related reasons as well why I thought they don’t need to be in charge of things.
- They use some very, very old, unverified databases – I get mailers to three versions of my name. I have two words for them: database cleansing.
- They present half-truths (as verified here) that assume the voter is dumb, and that we only get our information from their 9″ x 6″ flyers.
- They kill a lot of trees to get their message (fiscal conservativism, responsible stewards yada yada).
- They use the same format, same size, possibly the same print company. Did they not get the memo: one size fits nobody? The guy who sent us hand-addressed “letters” from his wife? Oh, come on!
- They have no clue about variable-data printing. If they need to ask what this is, their campaign staff don’t need my tax money.