Sure, there are great templates for PowerPoint. But quite frankly I do better when explaining myself on the back of a napkin –with a little help from the book by the same name.
But this week I’ve started teaching myself a great new application for presentations, called Prezi.
Here’s why I love Prezi:
- It lets you control the focal points and flow of the presentation -by tilting words, zooming in on words and images etc.
- Once you figure out how the striped control icon (the ‘transformation zebra’) works, you could add elements and move them around as you would when brainstorming on a scratch pad
- Because you can move laterally or diagonally, you could adjust your story line on the fly as new ideas emerge.
- It’s easy to embed other digital content –video, audio etc –something I will get to in the next phase
- The best part is your presentation on this platform is designed to be connected to other social media venues. Which is exactly what Public Radius is all about–connecting the dots!