I am a communications strategist, business & technology writer, blogger, broadcaster and podcaster. I am also an computer and technology teacher at Salt River Elementary School in Scottsdale, Arizona. More about education here.
Why HoiPolloi? When I started blogging in May 2004, communication and media were being disrupted. I was convinced that the hoi polloi –Greek for that derisive term the masses–were going to rearrange our molecules. Radical changes were coming from the edges. Think about it: Gutenberg was not a printer, but a goldsmith. The fellow adapted a wine press to disrupt the knowledge industry!
The ‘report’ gives me a space to keep track of the media and marketing shifts being brought on by new technologies used by ‘people like us.’ Today the hoi polloi have more respectable titles –smart mobs, tribes, citizen journalists. They tell better stories, have deeper connections. They speak up and talk back.
HoiPolloi Report became a sand-box for much of my writing as a technology columnist for two magazines, and the hub of my experimentation with digital media. Here, I keep tabs on what goes on in four areas I am passionate about: Technology, Marketing, PR and Media.
Assignments & Workshops:
- International: Tech column for Communication World magazine
- Overseas: Contributing Editor to LMD magazine
- Webinars: Passport To Digital Citizenship
- Workshop: Social Media for Journalists
- Workshop: ‘Think Digital, Act Analog’
- Workshop: Build Your ‘Social Media Resume’
- Past Contributor to ValleyPRBlog.com
- past Contributor to Create Magazine
- Edited a book for Superbrands
- Won a Maggie award for Technology Column
- Radio show co-host, Your Triple Bottom Line
- Blog Ranked in 2008 by Social Media Today
- Profiled on SocialMediaToday
BOOK: Just Published!
Chat Republic: How Social Media Drives Us To Be Human 1.0 in a Web 2.0 World
Education, Integrated Marketing Communications, Digital Media, Content Creation, Citizen Journalism, PR, Social Media, Technology in Education, Networking, Search, Data Visualization, Interactive Advertising, Mobile Communications, Podcasting, Gamification, Radio, Content Curation, Diplomacy, Wikis, Robotics.