I am a computer and technology teacher at Salt River Elementary School in Scottsdale, Arizona. Prior to that I was a communications strategist, consultant, business & technology writer, broadcaster and podcaster.
When I began blogging in May 2004, communication and media were being disrupted. I was convinced that the hoi polloi –Greek for that derisive term the masses– were going to rearrange our molecules, so to speak. Radical changes always arrive from those on the edges. Johannes Gutenberg was not a printer, but a goldsmith. He adapted a wine press to disrupt the publishing business, and change the knowledge industry!
The ‘Report’ gives me a space to keep track of the media and marketing shifts being brought on by new technologies and tinkered by ‘people like us.’ Today the hoi polloi certainly tell better stories. They speak up and talk back. They are noisy, funny, unpredictable.
Chat Republic, How Social Media Drives Us To Be Human 1.0 in a Web 2.0 World. The book was inspired by much of the topics I have written about here on this blog. It has also been my sand-box for many technology columns for two magazines, and topics I am passionate about: Technology, Education, Marketing, and Media.
- Writing: Columnist for LMD magazine since 1994
- Writing: Former tech columnist for Communication World magazine
- Webinars: Passport To Digital Citizenship (2010)
- Workshop: Social Media for Journalists (2010)
- Workshop: ‘Think Digital, Act Analog’ (2008)
- Workshop: Build Your ‘Social Media Resume’ (2008)
- Past Contributor to ValleyPRBlog.com
- Past Contributor to Create Magazine
- Edited a book for Superbrands
- Conduct workshops on education, emerging media
- Robotics coach, Salt River Elementary School
- Technology Column won a Maggie award
- Radio show co-host, Your Triple Bottom Line
- Blog ranked in 2008 by Social Media Today
Education, E-Tech, Integrated Marketing Communications, Digital Media, Content Creation, Citizen Journalism, PR, Social Media, Networking, Search, Data Visualization, Mobile Communications, Podcasting, Gamification, Radio, Content Curation, Diplomacy, Wikis, Robotics.